Friday, September 12, 2008

About CigaretteDiaries.com

I must say this blog is NOT for children, kids, parents, priests, activists or self righteous individuals.

And...If you know men personally, which I doubt you do, don't be amazed that I smoke cigarettes, 30 million other Americans do too. I smoke for three reasons mostly:

1. Because I enjoy it-smoking DOES calm my nerves and helps me to relax, I also love the taste and aroma.

2. Social Reasons-Smokers have a way of coming together. I've met some interesting people over a cigarette. Some weird, some wise, others beautiful, it varies day by day. The point is, I can't say I would have met these people if it wasn't for our common love for Nicotine.

3. Smoking is Cool- Yes I said it, "smoking is cool". I was always intrigued by men and women in old movies that smoked cigarettes. I would say it's very gentleman to smoke, attractive, badass-I don't know. Smoking isn't always glamorous of course but you know damn well you'd be a smoker if it weren't for all the perceived danger.

But this blog isn't literally about cigarettes, think of the word as a metaphor, if you think of it that way, cigarettes will always be apart of the story even whe they don't appear to be a factor. This blog is about life, life as I see it through my own two eyes. It's a collection of orginal stories and articles, centered around connecting with strangers and/or sometimes being the strange man out.

We don't move backwards here, only forwards. Each post, whether it be poorly written, boring, funny, offensive or destructive represents a passing moment in time.

As a disclaimer, I must say that the views and opinions represented in this blog, are not based solely on truth. They may or may NOT be anecdote of "true" reality", so take this blog for what it is, a blend of fact and fiction-new journalism as it's called.

PS. I have two blog, so check out my other one @ www.thepopguru.com

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: