Friday, October 17, 2008

The Night of Diplo

Last night I went to Webster Hall to see Diplo perform. Never heard his music before that night, but always saw his name around. I met a couple of interesting people and had a ball.


To Jacob and Mike,

Jacob, Mike What's up? How was the rest of the night. The concert was fucking dope! I really didn't expect for Diplo to be that insane. The energy was amazing, I felt like I was back in London at Fabric. Makes sense though considering Diplo got his start at that very club.

What can I say, I'm happy I decided to role with you and Mike. To be honest it came as a bit of a shock to me that you two were friends, seemed like best friends actually. That was the first time I found myself hanging out with an openly gay man. It was awkward at times but I try to be kind and respectful to everyone. When you went to get us drinks you left Mike and I alone. I tried to talk to the guy just like I would talk to anyone else but we really couldn't connect. He asked me, "If you were stranded on an Island and could only take two albums, what albums would they be?" I said anything by The Velvet Underground or Jimi Hendrix and he laughed and said he would take anything from "Broken Social Scene", that pretty much sums up our dynamic.



I was completely in the zone at the concert. There were moments when I felt like I was the only person in the club, just dancing and feeling the music on my own. Then I would get thrown into this mass of energy generated by the insane crowd. I constantly found myself drifting to the left with out my knowing. I saw this chick dancing on the stage that reminded me of this girl that works at Def Jam. Coincidentally they both happened to be wearing orange pants from American Apparel so I thought it was her. I approached the stage with the intent of talking to her but when I got closer I realized it wasn't her, would have been cool if it was.

How about the girls at the show, all so gorgeous. I met some chick from Denmark, of course it was her "last night in America". Why is it always someones last night when you meet them. Why can't it be the first night, so you can hit it off and hang out every night after the first.

Thanks for letting me role with you guys though, I'm not sure the night would have been the same if I didn't.

I got your number so I'll hit you up sometime soon.

Dear Alex

Alex and Lexis would make a good couple right? Diplo was fucking ILL! He really amazed me. Did you and your friend dance the night away?

You kind of reminded me of that girl in Dazed and Confused the quite one that the chick puts under her wing.

Dear Cute Brunette on Metro North

Hey I wonder what happened to that couple that we were sitting next to. When they got off at Stamford I saw the chick take a few swings at the guy, I wonder what he said? What a dumb ass.

I'm sorry I lied about my age. I would like to think I'm more mature than the average 18 year old.

It's kind of crazy that you went to Lauralton and Suffolk. Because I went to Fairfield Prep and almost went to Suffolk.

I hope I see you on the train again.

To be continued this Thursday,

pop/ular/GURU

Sent Via Blackberry by AT&T

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: