Tuesday, November 4, 2008

To Benjamin (Union Square Skaters)

Sorry, no pics. The fucking kid @ Walgreens cut my film. Moments were lost...

To Benjamin,

Hey man, thanks for the advice on how to get started taking pictures of skateboarders. You got me really pumped to peruse this interest of mine. Hopefully what you said about contacting amateur skate teams was true, can it be that simple though? I've always been interested in the whole skateboarding scene and Union Square is exactly why I'm so intrigued by this way of life. The poise and comradery shared between skaters is amazing. It's truly unlike any other sport. So casual yet so fuckin' intense. I saw you get frustrated many times over pulling that trick over e gap and for what? You were just skating on your own, for fun-but that's the attitude of a skater.

Watching you flip out on those two Mexican guys was fucking epic man, HAHA! I wish I had my camera.

"Move the fuck over, two feet, ablo understando move the fuck over!?!?" I really thought you were going to whack one of those dudes with your skateboard.

I'm probably going to The Square again Thursday, so I'm sure I'll see you again.

pop/ular/GURU

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: