Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10/21 Psychographics (Shiny Toy Guns, CMJ Bloggin)

Wake up, make coffee, first cig of the day. I always start my day with a cup of coffee and a couple of cigs. 6 hours is a long time to go with out a smoke. I remember once hearing about a guy that smoked so much, he actually took smoke breaks while he was sleeping. Not literally while he was sleeping, but he would wake up periodically during the night to have a cigarette.

I have a busy day ahead of me. I gotta work for a little to make some cash. Then I was planning on going into the city to watch the cool kids perform @ the blender theater. Its the first day/night of the CMJ Music Marathon.

On the train, need a cigarette. This has been a long train ride, I made the mistake of taking a local train, won't be in the city until a quarter to 8.

I think I'm going to this club called Santos Party House. Its suppose to be a retro themed discotech that "literally houses a party". I'm not crazy about any artists/bands performing tonight so ill take a rain check on a show.

In the city and its cold. Getting off the subway and immediately lighting a cigarette. Its been over an hour since my last smoke.

Walked a few blocks, got on a subway and went back to the train stop I got off at 15 minutes ago. Walking back up Lafayette st. in the cold just to get back to where I was 10 minutes ago. Wasted money on the subway, look like an idiot, hope nobody recognizes me walking back.

I fear I might get lost, I'm all the way down by Canal st. and I realize I should have stayed on the 6 train for a few more stops.

Found Santos Party House, light up a cigarette and wait. Can't get this damn lighter to work, it's a Zippo, isn't this thing suppose to light in the wind?

"Do you have a lighter I can borrow?"

I'm freezing my nuts off, so cold. I've been standing outside for what seems like an eternity in nothing more than a flannel shirt. It is practically winter weather and I'm dressed like its a cool spring day. I definitely need to invest in a coat asap.

I'm in! This place is cool. Once again I'm brought back to Fabric Live in London, the decor and atmosphere of the club, even the multilevel layout is so reminiscent of the summer. I'm happy I waited outside for a ticket for so long, I'm beginning to warm up.


Flashing lights. Blood stained skeletons. Sparkling discoballs. Strobe lights. Fog. A sound system that will make your ears bleed.

Craving a cigarette.

Tonight was cold. I woke up with the intention to see the Cool Kids, a hip hop act but ultimately experienced a band I would have never came across-first night of CMJ music marathon a success.

Next up: The Night of Crystal Castles pt 2. CMJ Wednesday?

Pop/ular/guru


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: