Friday, October 24, 2008

The Night of Crystal Castles (Chpt. 2/ Pt. 1)

"Just remember in 5 minutes that we were all friends" CC fan, Ashley.

To Ashley,

I think your name was Ashley.

We were standing next to each other in the middle of the madness @ the Crystal Castles show last night. You were tall, skinny and had pink streaks running through your hair. I offered you a hit from my green cigar but you politely declined.

I lost you five minutes into the show.

Hope you had fun,

pop/ular/GURU

Sent Via Blackberry by AT&T

I had NO idea what I was getting myself into when I bought my ticket for 40 dollars, from one of the many sketchy black skalpers positioned outside the venue. I had no idea I would loose my scarf, almost loose my glasses and would have to hold onto my cheap digital camera with dear life. I had no idea that Alice Glass was such a stage freak and that the reserved hipsters of Manhattan and Brooklyn could be so rowdy. I had no idea I was in for the best concert of my life.



It literally felt like there was a driving force positioned somewhere beneath my feet that forced me to move and collide with other concert goers. The force was initiated at the start of the concert and didn't subside until the close. From my perspective, it seemed like at the front of the stage was a mini trampoline of some sort that sent vibrations up the spine of my body and allowed me to leap higher than I would be able to on normal ground. Of course there is no mini trampoline beneath the dance floor at Webster Hall. The force I was experiencing was pure adrenaline, adrenaline being released from the INSANE crowd.

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: