Thursday, November 27, 2008

Countdown To Being Sued

________________________

The Countdown To Being Sued

________________________

Let me list all the things I could be sued for.

1. Defamation of Character
2. Slander
3. Fraud
4. Copyright Infringement

What else?

Getting sued is like the official stamp of approval for people like me. Most successful bloggers have been sued ATLEAST once. Why? Because copyright laws are purposefully written extremely vaguely, so they can be worked out on a "case by case" basis. The nature of blogging, atleast as it applies to me, falls somewhere in the grey area of legality. It's not exactly "legal" to take pictures of people with out their permission, especially if they're unfavorable, and you write even more unfavorable things about them on a forum open to the public, but then again it's not blatantly illegal either.

So with that said, how long before I get sued?

I give myself about a year, but believe it or not, I'm looking forward to that day when the court marshall knocks on my door and informs me that I'm being SUED!

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Is this the residence of The Popular Guru?"

That's if they can even find me in a year.

What do those people say when they come to your door?

"You're being sued, get a lawyer, a good one at that, and prepare to watch your bank account wither-best of luck, get ready for a year of pure hell"

The reason why I don't care if I get sued? I have NO money, NO property, NO worth. Is that a good thing in the court of civil law? The only thing being sued will do, is certify that what I'm doing is valuable to someone else, that's important!

"Mr. Popular Guru, you're being ordered to remove your all your content pertaining to this case IMMEDIATELY, you are also order to pay all damages and legal fees associated with this case, payable to the other party "

What I'm also looking forward to is suing other people!

Can't wait,

Pop/ul/ar/GURU

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: