Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pyschographics 11/13: A Lesson on Being Chilll (The Bucket List,Organic Lithium, My Life My Sins)


My Life/My Sins 01
_________

A bucket list
__________

When my Uncle retired, he made a list of all the stuff he wanted to do during his retirement. A couple days ago, I came to the realization that I dont want to wait until I retire to make my list of shit to do, I'm going to get started on that now, while I'm still in my youth.

I have a lot I want to accomplish in the next year or so. 2008 wasn't all it was hyped up to be. Then again, 2008 isn't over yet, and hell...look how far I've come since January. 2008 WAS suppose to be "The Year of the Popular Guru" but what the does that really mean anyway?

"Now is the time to make moves, take risks, and do all that shit and still have time to bounce back if it doesn't work." -Desmond: 11/13/08; Text Message
1.Move to NYC
2.Visit older brother in LA-spend a month on the left coast
3.Spend time overseas in London
4.Finish writing "Prettier on Myspace"
5.Start writing a short film about the kid that deletes his life
6.Finish my first ZINE/Picture book
7.Hook up with a professional skateboarding team
8.Produce a skateboard film
9.Release a line of stickers, post cards, t-shirts, etc
10.Finish my documentary- "No End in Sight"
11.See Justice perform
12.Crystal Castle Doc
13.Find that girl I met, but never knew
14.Rekindle old relationships with friends and family
15.Visit my best friends (Matt, Mark, ?, ?)
16.Go to BONAROO!
17.Go back to Fabric Live!
18.Drive across the USA
19.Live in Philly for awhile?

The first things I plan on tackling? Well, it's getting cold here, too cold for me, so I'm thinking about taking a semester off to live in California. It doesn't look I'll be able to get into any schools for Spring 2009, so that gives me about 8-10 months to work on a portfolio, NICE! The Left Coast will hopefully help me clear my mind and allow me to get deep in touch with my creative side.


Who knows what else I can get done in Cali. There's a great skateboarding scene over there. I have friends that I've never met in California. We shall see!

_____________


Organic Lithium
_____________

My Life//My Sins 02

A couple nights ago...

I dropped "something" out of my window; much to my demise, I quickly got dressed, throwing on my over sized Levi's(32x34, 510's) that I never wear, not putting on a t-shirt but covering myself with a double breasted pea coat from J Crew.

It was drizzling, and I forgot my cigarettes inside.

I searched for 15 minutes straight, with my cell phone as a light and my hands as shovels, periodically perching my head through the window to make sure that my mom wasn't watching over me, but I found nothing. I go back inside and my mother must have thought I was on drugs because she was stationed at the front door like a prison guard waiting for the prisoner to return to his cell.
"Is everything alright?" She asked

"Yes" I answered.
I dropped something out of my window and I can't find it, everything is NOT alright. I go back inside, find a flash light and then return back outside to search through damp leaves and mulch, my heart is still racing with worry.

My Life//My Sins 03

I searched for something like 15 minutes but eventually come to grips with the fact that I will not find what I dropped, and that it is gone. Not gone entirely, I'm sure it's somewhere beneath the ground, and if I ever have an hour of time to kill and the desire to find what it is I lost, I could probably dig it up, but it's cold and dark, and I really shouldn't be outside with no shirt on my back, so I think I better just forget about it and go to sleep.

I have that itchy feeling inside, that just as I give up, the object will present itself in the most obvious place, so I go back inside, check to make sure I didn't drop it on the ledge of the window, or in my room, but of course I didn't, I dropped it on the ground, it's somewhere in the mud.

My Life//My Sins 04



So?

Last night I learned how to fight anxiety, how to chill and be calm at any moment. What I lost can be replaced. And that's the end of that, no need to stress over it. Material objects generally are replaceable, it's objects/people/wisdom, things that cannot be replaced, that you have to worry about

The key to being chilll, is to first be ignorant. Purposefully, objectively ignorant. I don't think I have to be cliche and say that "Ignorance is bliss" but.

CONTEST! Name each object seen the pictures above. There are 33 things in total(I'm not 100% sure, but that's a close estimate). Post the list of things seen in the pictures above in the comments, first person to get it right gets a prize!

pop/ul/ar/GURU

Sent Via Blackberry By AT&T

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: