Sunday, November 2, 2008

Scalpers, Sober Night and The Ting Tings

I saw the Ting Tings perform last night @ Webster Hall for the 3rd time in 4 or 5 months.



@ Webster Hall.

I'm quickly becoming a regular here. After going to 3 shows in two weeks, the scalpers are beginning to recognize me by face.
"You went to MGMT...and justice...you look familiar"

This one scalper that was selling tickets to MGMT /Justice Thursday night recognized me and offered me a ticket to the Tings Tings for 40 bucks. 40 bucks was reasonable but 20 dollars more then face value, plus I was sure I could get a ticket for 30 or less. He told me that he couldn't do 30 because he had a kid that he had to put through Syracuse Law School. Could be bullshit but either way I gave him n extra ten bucks just to secure his number for future events, plus one way or another, I knew the guy needed the money.

Going to a show completely sober was an interesting experience. Webster Hall just wasn't the same though. I have no crazy stories. There was no smoking during the show. I didn't meet any girls. Didn't talk to any interesting people (except a cool dude that lived in Korea for 3 years). Didn't even get good photos (thanks to my shitty camera). I was there on assignment, strictly to get FOOTAGE for my sites.


The show was a bit dull. The crowd wasn't dancing, nobody was passing around blunts. They had a dumb "rule" that you couldn't take flash photography at the show (which me and everyone else ignored). The highlight was actually seeing the opener Yoav put on an amazing show with nothing but an Acoustic Guitar. I think I would have enjoyed the night more if he headlined and Ting Tings opened.

There aren't many shows for the next couple months that I'm really excited about so I guess that gives me sometime to focus on other things.

For videos and more blogs about the show, visit- www.thepopguru.com

pop/ular/GURU


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: