Monday, November 10, 2008

To Joseph

Today I met with a photographer that taught my mother how to take pictures, someone I've known for a long time, but haven't seen for many years.

"He has a lot of bad habits, he smokes like a chimney and keeps a drug problem just in case his life isn't interesting enough already"

Hey Joseph,

You are one cool individual, a true artist in my opinion. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to meet with me and go over my pictures. I find it remarkable that you were able to pick up on the small details of my creative mind. How could you tell I shot for feeling and emotion? You definitely got that right, I want people to cry when they see my work, heart felt emotion is what I shoot for. The fact that you brought up Terry Richardson-might have even compared me to him, was simply amazing. I definitely see a little Terry Richardson in myself. The rock star persona, simple yet edgy photos with a raw taste for imagery is my style.
"I'm severely dyslexic" Joseph.

That's a strong choice of words.

"I didn't know Joseph was Dyslexic" Me.

"Yes, severely" Mom.
I noticed you talked in long sentences and had a way of drifting from one point to the next only to get back to your original thought . We started off by talking about track? I think that's also how our conversation ended, the stuff about photography came somewhere in the middle.

You look like you do Yoga? I think when I arrived you were talking on the phone, but other than that, you never appeared to be uncomfortable, the whole "meeting" you had your legs perched on the chair, tied up yet so poised-how the hell do you even sit like that? I can't touch my toes, maybe I should pick up Yoga?

I'm going to take your advice and focus my attention on conveying ideas and feelings rather then just taking a lot of pictures. I'm also going to use my Canon digital a lot more for everyday shooting, I most definitely underestimated the power of that little thing.

Keep checking the blog for updates, I'll talk to you next week-definitely.

pop/ul/ar/GURU

1 CLICK TO COMMENTS!:

A South Norwalk Community Charter School said...

First
Pilates not Yoga
Second
About being uncomfortable
I usually have 2 requiements for my clothing
Can I change a car tire in it and can I sleep the night in it
Strong words you say
severely dyslexic
There not my words I think my Parents have a Peice of paper somewhere with a good and Proper diagnosis by a respectable Doctor
And Lastly
As far as being Dyslexic
I Thank God for it
One of the common traits of Dyslexics is that they have no Friggin sense of time
So in summary
Lexis it was a pleasure talking with you and we will look forward to talking next week
If you pick up some scones from the SoNo Bakery we'll supply the coffee
Joseph