Friday, November 7, 2008

To Julia (What if my work is my pleasure?)

I’m looking to start taking photos of people and not just beautiful landscapes and nature. I met up with a model that lives and works in NYC today. Her name is Julia.

To Julia (What if my business is my pleasure)

I had a lot of fun today. Who would have thought two strangers could meet in the city and have so much in common. As I told you today, you’re really the first person that I’ve met in the city, that’s almost like me. Aside from the age, we both come from wealthy suburban towns, both aspire to be famous and are both getting our start in the same industry.

I think it’s pretty gnarly that you’re from Woodstock. I’m a big fan of the hippie movement and have spent much time reading up on the various counter cultures that made their names during that time. I think it’s amazing that you know the guy that promoted Wood Stock!

After looking at all those pictures, it seems like we had very similar upbringings. A lot of wild drunken nights? Kids being forced to stir up trouble just to have a little fun ? The drugs and the bad seeds? I’d say all of the above!

I think you’re right about trusting strangers in the city. You can never be TOO SURE about ANYONE. There are the people that are just crazy, and they let you know right off the bat that they have issues. Then there are those strange people that are sly and cunning, the ones that make you feel okay about things, just so you let off your guard. I can promise you though, I’m none of those things. Just a passionate kid looking to drain the world of all it has to offer, one drop at a time.
I look forward to our photo shoot next Sunday, you’re already beautiful, but I promise I’ll make you gorgeous ;)

Talk to you before then?

Pop/ul/ar/Guru

Sent Via Blackberry By AT&T

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: