Monday, December 22, 2008

Metro North Diaries: I Gave You My Ticket Pt. 1



"Ticket Please"

"Hold on real quick man" I said as I put down my Blackberry Curve.

"Oh I already gave you my ticket, I was sitting a couple cars back"

"Did you?"

"Yes"

"I don't remember seeing you walk up or taking your ticket"

"Oh well I must have give it to someone else"

Truth was, the train I was on prior to getting off at Farfield, didn't stop @ Greens Farms and my father couldn't pick me up so I had to get off @ Fairfield, wait for the next train going to New York and get off two stops later @ Greens Farms. It's a round about way of getting home. But common for anyone that lives in Fairfield County.

A female conductor, that I had never seen before was bitching at me like I was a homeless bum blocking traffic into her store. Truth was, I had 100 dollars in my pocket, I could easily have afforded the 3 dollar and 25 cents or how ever much it was to get from Farfield to Greens Farms, but it was just that, I didn't WANT TO PAY for such a short ride.

So when I go on the train, I made an attempt to avoid the conductor, constantly moving up closer to the front hoping that I could get off the train before she ever reached me. Maybe 1 minute before the train pulls into Greens Farms the conductor approaches me.

"So what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to pay for a ticket"

"Well I'm just not going to do that, I explained to you, I already gave my ticket to another conductor"

"I would have taken your ticket, there's no one else on this train"

"Miss, I understand that, but I swear to you, I gave my ticket to a tall man with grey hair, are you calling me a liar? To be honest, you've embarrassed me enough, and this is my stop and I really don't have time to be making up these lies"

I said as I stepped off the train.

"Quit being a smart ass"

I winked at the conductor, reached in my pockets for a cigarette and turned the corner with a big smirk on my face.

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: