Sunday, August 16, 2009

Girls & Boys 8.14: LA Riots + DJ Berrie

Went to Girls & Boys last night, for the second consecutive Friday in a row. It was suppose to be a night of Flosstradamus, Designer Drugs and DJ Berrie, but I guess the later of the three DJ's coudln't make it, and LA Riots showed up.

The crowd was much better than last weekend, in terms of energy and the amount of people sorrounding the stage.

It feels good to walk up on stage with out a VIP bracelet and take photos with my highly overrated DSLR while dozens of people watch from below, begging for me to take their photo, trying to sneak on stage-only to get kicked off by a bouncer. A camera and the right attitude will get you far in life.

A friend of mine that happens to DJ said, "people always assume that being a DJ is glamorous". I'd say the same goes for a photographer. I enjoy myself @ Girls & Boys, but there's a fine line between doing a job and enjoying yourself. I can't remember the last time I went to a show as a fan, put down the camera and enjoyed myself to the fullest potential.


As usual Webster Hall filled with dudes.


Downstairs in the studio, I walked into this band that was playing. I apologize, because I didn't catch their name but they put on a very exciting performance.



I guess LA Riots replaced Flossradamus last minute, because I didn't expect to see him. For the longest time, I was under the empression that LA Riots was a DUO and not a single DJ.







For some reason people love to have their picture taken. I personally hate it, and avoid it at all costs. There's nothing worse than being the creepy guy in the background of a shot.






Cute girl @ the show that I kept seeing. The chill bouncer that let me on stage, also let her up at one point in the show, but she was shut down by the other bouncer with in minutes.

I learned that the bouncers rule Webster Hall and it's not in your best interest to be on bad terms with them.

A camera gets you a long way in life.



DJ Atrak making a quick appearance. Think he was just intown for the night and wanted to support FlasstraDONEmus (as he put it via twitter)? It's weird because myself and a lot of other people regard these "international" DJ's as celebrities, but when you're around them at a show or something, you realize their just like everyone else-maybe the same goes for "real" celebrities.


I only caught a little bit of Designer Drugs cause LA Riots played for soo long.


It was dude on the lefts birthday and I guess he knew the bouncer well enough to get on stage. You can always tell the people that should be on stage apart from the rest. They're always eager to be close to the DJ, get close to the crowd and ask photographers to take their photo. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


I should be back next week. Getting used to the Friday night madness @ Webster Hall. Next week is DIOYY (DJ Set), should be a packed house. Hopefully less bros and more hoes.

FULL GALLERY

Email me, thepopularguru@yahoo.com

Follow me on TWITTER

X

blog comments powered by Disqus