Monday, April 20, 2009

To Janelle Monae Fans

Photobucket
Last night Janelle Monae opened up for Of Montreal @ the legendary Toads Place in New Haven, CT.

"That was the opener? I thought she was headlining" said a fan.

Janelle's performance was that good. Full of energy from start to finish. You might expect that someone performing in CT wouldn't give a good performance, but she ROCKED!

Photobucket

The crowd was definitely into it, I think a lot of people came out JUST to see her.

I was a bit skeptical at first when I saw that Janelle was the opener for Of Montreal, the two didn't really go together in my mind, but in retrospect, they do mesh quite nicely. She even came back on stage to sing a duet with Of Montreal!

Photobucket

When I was @ the bar over getting a drink, Janelle whipped out this huge square canvas and began painting some abstract piece that she eventually gave to some fans. She also discarded her jacket.

Photobucket

I was right up on stage right. I thought it would be bad ass if she took my Wayfarers and put them on for the performance...but she didn't.

Photobucket


Photobucket
Her band mates were super cool aswell, really friendly...I took a photo of the guitarist in the bathroom when he was fixing his DU. Dude on the left kinda reminds me of Merlin Bronques (for you hipsters). I coulda probably gone back stage to meet Janelle but had to get good position for Of Montreal.

Photobucket

Next time it will be Janelle headlining!

The Popular Guru

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: