Monday, April 20, 2009

To The Fans of Of Montreal

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of Montreal was an extravagant event to say the least. Toads Place was packed an hour before anyone was even on stage; getting to the front looked nearly impossible. I noticed a very diverse crowd; the teenagers that had school the next morning were rampant but then I also saw a 40 something year old milf browsing aswell as an older fellow standing beside me during the show.

Photobucket

Finding a good place to shoot was a difficult task. I couldn't see myself pushing my way front and center to the stage, although this being CT and not NYC it probably could have been done, so I settled for the corner of stage left to shoot Janelle Monae. The bouncers @ Toads are super cool because they understood that I was a photographer there to do a job, so they did everything they could to give me good position.
Photobucket

15 minutes before Of Montreal went on, I convinced one of the bouncers to let me into this area in between each of the barriers that separated the section of the venue where you could drink booze and the main section floor. I was the only one in that area, minus a bouncer who was so cool for letting me stay there-had it been a different bouncer I'm not sure I would have been allowed to stay there, but it certainly made me feel important.

It took awhile for the show to get going and people were growing anxious, but when this 6 foot something guy dressed in a blazer and wolf mask came on stage, that signified that the show was about to start.

Photobucket

3/4 of the way through the show my battery died so I had to use this trick to get a couple more shots. If you shake a battery for a minute or so, it gives it a little bit of juice to keep going, works well with AA batteries.

Towards the end of the set I look in my bag and realize I had my charger the entire time and was positioned right next to an open outlet.

Photobucket

Of Montreal is a very diverse band. They're a little flamboyant and out there but they still have that hard rock element to them. 21st century glam rock maybe? I don't know. The guitarist was wild, loved his outfit and he was ill.

Photobucket

They had people dressed up as different creatures roaming the stage like little hobits periodically through the show.

Photobucket

I met a bunch of people @ the show but forgot everyones name, if you're reading this, hit me up via thepopularguru@yahoo.com

Full album of photos coming soon!

That's all folks,

The Popular Guru

0 CLICK TO COMMENTS!: